Importing to SL360 on Parallels from Power Point (on Mac)

May 31, 2017

I have a Power Point (the program is on my Mac) and I want to import it to Storyline 360 in Parallels. I'm using SL in Parallels just fine other than this.

Is this possible? It's not working for me. Please help.

5 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Heather,

I'm a Mac person myself ☺️  also using Parallels! I'd love to help here. 

Importing Powerpoint slides into Storyline 360 is definitely possible following these guidelines. It should work the same in Parallels as it would on a PC.

What happens when you attempt to import PowerPoint Slides? Are you getting an error message?

If so, can you take a screenshot of the message and attach it here so I can take a look? You can attach it right to a comment like this:

Thanks! 

Heather Lofquist

​I am able to successfully import ppt files using a PC. I think it didn't work because the Power Point program is on the Mac and not the Windows environment in Parallels. I can just use the PC to do the imports, then save the story file to my dropbox (which I can get to in Parallels) and go from there. It's not ideal, but it's a workaround.​

Ali Goulet

Ah! Thanks for letting me know, Heather.

It's always a good idea to have any of the files you're using saved on the desktop or C:Drive of your Windows machine in Parallels. Trying to import the file saved on your Mac side could definitely cause some issues like what you're describing.

I'm glad you found a useable workaround! I'd also make sure to download the files from Dropbox directly to your Windows desktop before importing them into Storyline, just to cover all bases. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.