Incorrect Feedback Layer

Mar 13, 2024

Greetings!

I'm working with the Accessible Feedback Layers and for some reason, I can't get my incorrect feedback layer to appear. The correct layer appears if I click the correct answer and hit 'Submit', but if I click the incorrect answer, the 'Submit' button doesn't work and my layer doesn't appear. The questions are set up to be unlimited and I wanted users to have feedback per response and only proceed if they get the right answer. What am I doing wrong? Pictures attached for reference. 

Bekah

33 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

If you have it set to unlimited, you should have a try again layer. That either wasn't created or it was deleted. 

Do this: got to attempts and change it to 1. And then change it to unlimited and that should rebuild the try again layer.

With unlimited, they'll never get to the incorrect because any wrong answer takes them to try again until they get it right.

Rebekah Coley

Hi Tom -

That was incredibly helpful! Couple follow up questions.

1. Can this be done for more than 3 answers? I'm concerned about having a way to make the right answers correspond with the right feedback layers. 

2. Is there a way to incorporate the accessible feedback layers into these pre-built questions? 

Thank you so much!

Bekah 

Tom Kuhlmann
  • You can create as many answers. Storyline will create the feedback layers for each answer so you don't need to worry about getting them connected to the correct layers.
  • The accessible feedback layers are enabled by default. Of course, if you go in and make a bunch of edits to the layers you need to make sure that it's still accessible. 
Tom Kuhlmann

By default (and what's most common): a person can dynamically select a radio button and their selection isn't entered until they submit it. From there, they are sent to the appropriate feedback layers.

You can override this:

The radio button works if they select the correct answer. But you can't make it the submit button if they select the wrong answer.

If you want, you can add a show layer trigger on each incorrect choice radio button, but they would be directed to it as soon as the click it so they can't switch their selection it's made instantly.

Tom Kuhlmann

The pre-built quizzing function is designed to make a selection (can switch choices before submitting) and then submit. At this point, the person is directed to the feedback appropriate to your choices.

I misread what you wanted to do since you said the submit button you created isn't working.

In your case, you can add the submit trigger to all of the radial buttons. It's a bit unorthodox but the selection would automatically be submitted and they'd go to the feedback layer. In your case, when it's unlimited they'd just toggle back and forth until they eventually make a correct selection.

Rebekah Coley

Hi, Tom - 

I'm so sorry - I think I confused you! I do NOT want feedback to show automatically. I want the user to make a radio selection and then click My submit button to see feedback. But the problem is feedback is popping up immediately for the correct answer (and it shouldn't pop up immediately at all - I should hit the Submit button to see a layer.) But when I click a wrong answer, the slide seems to break and the Submit button doesn't work. I'll attach videos for reference. 

Thanks!

Bekah