Interactive Main Menu

Jun 28, 2023

Hello! I have built a main menu for my course with five icons for the users to click on in any order and they branch out to their own scenes. What I want to happen is that once all scenes are completed, the learner is brought back to the main menu briefly but then it automatically transitions to a final wrap up slide. I built something like this in the past, but I don't recall how I did it.

The only method I've thought of and tried is putting a trigger on the main menu that once all icons change to Visited, jump to the final wrap up slide. However, it did exactly that and did not return the learner back to the main menu briefly. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to automatically send someone to the final slide. That could be confusing when they're expecting to be back at the main menu, especially if they happen to look away or blink when the transition happens. I'd give them the control of when to advance to the end.

However, if you still want to send them on their way after a brief delay on the menu, you could use an off-slide animation as a timer. 

• Create an object off the slide, and give it a motion path that lasts for the desired time. 
  • Edit the motion-path trigger so it runs at the desired point (e.g., when the timeline starts with all icons being Visited). 
  • Add a trigger that jumps to the final slide when the motion path completes.