Ipad Mobile Player

Jan 23, 2014

Hello!

2 part question, I have downloaded the App and it works great for my content on the Ipad! However, does the app keep all the lessons in the course? We do not want the partner to be able to save all of our courses. 

Also, is there a way to close or escape the app to get back to the course page, I can not seem to find one?

We are trying to incorporate a SL course with HTML5 into moodle 2.6. Also it seems to redirect to the app when we point the course at story.html using flash but when using story_html5 it plays the HTML5 contact, this is a given since HTML5 content can be played on ios. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Mike!

Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying the app :)

Correct - when you load the HTML file on the iPad, it should open the Articulate Mobile Player app. When the HTML5 file is accessed, it should load the "Play" screen for Safari. Once you tap the "Play" button, it should load the HTML5 version of the course. If you don't want this option, you could deselect the "HTML5" option when publishing your project.

For the app itself, content is stored in the app until it's removed by the user. Just swipe the title of the entry Right-to-Left, and press on the Red delete button that appears. There's no way, as far as I know, to control what shows up on someone's device - this at that point, is the content they have access to. If you're concerned about users taking advantage of this, you could "reload" or upload your content to a fresh URL after a certain amount of time. But if the content is available for offline viewing, they will be able to see what content they've downloaded - though, if you've changed the URL, the reporting will no longer function - as far as I know.

As for exiting the app, users will need to exit the same way they would any application on the iPad. They can either tap the "Home" key once, to return to the main page or they can double-tap the "Home" key to see a list of running apps. For example, if they wanted to return to a page open in Safari, they'd double-cap the "Home" key and select Safari from the list.

I hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.