Is it possible to generally change the settings for closed captions in Storyline 360?

Oct 21, 2020

Hi

I'm quite new to Articulate 360 and need to know the following:

Is it possible to create a general setting for closed captioning in Articulate 360?

The international standard rules for CC are (at least in Cinema movies) 

• max 36 characters per line
  • max 2 lines (with in total max 72 characters)

Where do I see the settings in Storyline 360? It seems to have a different rule and can I change the settings to follow the international standard?

Thank you for help

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Annette,

From what I can tell, Storyline's caption box wraps text after 72 characters (at least, it does when presenting at the standard size). There doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of lines. 

I don't know of any way to automatically prevent exceeding the international standards. I believe you'd have to edit your captions to ensure conformity. 

Judy Nollet

You can adjust the font for captions. That's done in the Colors & Effects part of the Player.

Unfortunately, they don't have a separate field to set the caption size. When you increase or decrease the Player font size, that also adjusts the size of the caption text. But the other Player features start to look ridiculous if you enlarge them too much. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.