Issues with drag and drop interactions in Storyline 360

Mar 24, 2020

Hi, I've created some courses with drag and drop Knowledge Checks but some learners are encountering issues with them. The issue is that when the items are dragged to the appropriate hotspot, it they are not "snapping" to that position onscreen; i.e. they revert to their original position onscreen. Therefore the learner cannot complete the exercise and click "Submit" to proceed in the course. The issue only seems to impact on a small % of learners, and seems to impact more on users of the IE and Edge browsers (although some Chrome users also had the issue). In most cases, clearing the cache resolved the issue but I would like to see if there is a way to avoid the issue although. Have you any suggestions please?

3 Replies
Lejan Ocampo

Hi Lorcan,

I hope all is well. I'm sorry to hear that this problem is being encountered by some of your learners. I'm here to help you figure out what is causing this.

Just a few details that we need to know:

• Was the course published with HTML 5 or both HTML 5 with flash?
  • Did you publish the file for LMS or for Web?
  • Is the course you published hosted in an LMS or a web server?
  • Have you tried testing on SCORM cloud and use different browsers to see if you'll experience this?

From the looks of it, it's highly possible that the problem is browser related and is only affecting specific versions of the browser that your learners are using. One thing that is also recommended is to make sure the flash player is up to date as that may cause some issues as well but if it's published as HTML 5 only, this should not be the case.

Were you also able to gather information on what specific versions of the browser the learners are using? I know it can be a cumbersome task but that would also help us isolate where the problem is.

Lorcan Ryan

Hi Lejan,

Thanks for the reply! I published to SCORM and then this was deployed to our learners using an inhouse LMS. I tested on Chrome, IE and Safari and found no issues. In fact the vast majority of learners didn't have an issue, and though who did were using the same browsers of those who had no issues! Which is what confused me... i.e. 9 out of 10 Chrome users would have no issue, but then that 1 other with user (with exact same browser) would experience the issue. Ever seen this happen before?

Vincent Scoma

Hi Lorcan,

Thank you for sharing those added details! 

At the moment, it does appear to be a browser issue and not a problem with the course. Do you happen to recall if the course was published with HTML5 only, or was another option used? 

Next time a learner runs into the issue, ask them to share what browser they're using and what version they are running. Learners will also want to be sure that their browsers are up to date.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this! We are happy to help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.