Layer Issues

Jul 23, 2021

Hello Everyone!

I have a game that I am putting together in Storyline 360 that I'm having a couple of issues with. The player clicks on an item, which triggers a layer to open and close after 5 seconds/end of timeline. The problem I'm having is that if the player clicks on that item a second time, the layer will open but it will not close after the 5 seconds/end of timeline occurs, which stalls the game making it impossible for the player to move forward.
The second issue I'm having is with the trigger that has a layer open once the player has found all of the items. Instead of showing the item found layer that shows the item has been located, then the game completion layer, the game skips the item found layer and jumps right to the game completed. This only happens on the last item that the player finds.
I'd be so grateful if one of you very knowledgeable Storyline users could show me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Kristen,

First issue: The layer doesn't automatically close the 2nd time because its timeline has already completed. You can make the timeline restart (and, thus, be able to complete again) via the Slide Layer Properties: 

As for the 2nd issue: it's hard to tell without seeing the file. I suggest you upload it for troubleshooting. (If you're concerned about proprietary content, make a copy with just the problem slide, and change the text if necessary.)