Layers

Jul 15, 2014

When I am adding layers to buttons in order for the colour of the button to change, old slides that are no longer on my project turn up on my new layers. I have no idea how to prevent this, these items are not on my master slides or anywhere else, help!

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Aylin,

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

This sounds pretty strange. The first thing I would do is check the location and name of your project:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior.
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Please make sure you're running the most recent version of Storyline. Articulate Storyline Update 5 includes bug fixes, performance improvements, and HTML5 output enhancements. Click here for details.

If you still see the same issue, try creating a brand new project in Storyline. Add some "filler" content for testing and see if you see the same thing in this new file. If not, it may be an issue of corruption, misplaced objects or installation.

I'd start off by importing the original slides into a new, blank Storyline project. This will usually resolve most corruption issues:

Importing from Another Storyline Project - E-Learning Heroes

If you still have trouble, please consider sharing your .story file here. Also, please let us know where you're seeing the old content and the steps you're taking.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.