LMS not marking course as complete

I'm using Cornerstone LMS and Scorm 1.2.  When users take a course it never marks completed in the LMS.  I have 150 slides in my Storyline presentation and I have it set to have them complete at least 140 slides and the LMS still doens't see the course as complete.

What should I look at?  I've also contacted my LMS and they tell me to look at storyline....

19 Replies
Michael Jones

Hi Randy,

Where is your content being hosted from? Is the LMS pointing to one of your servers, or is the published content stored on Cornerstone's server?

I've run into issues with SCORM cross domain support not allowing courses to track/mark complete. The issue in our case is my company hasn't configured our internal servers as content servers in our LMS, therefore anything hosted from our servers cannot be SCORM - we actually have to use AICC to get internally hosted content to work.

Then again, we're also using the SuccessFactors LMS, so it may be different with Cornerstone...

Hope it helps!

Carlos Suso

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I found this Articulate topic and thought could that be the problem.

But unfortunately I cannot change the Configuration.js file  because I get an “access denied” error.

Anyone knows why or how can I change it? And could be this the issue with the completion tracking?

I uploaded into scorm cloud and it works just fine

Thanks

Amber Kustan

Hi Randy,

We use SumTotal's LMS (hosted) and experienced the same problem when we went live.  Their solution (and what is currently working for us) was to publish to SCORM 1.2 and set the tracking to Complete / Incomplete.  Any other settings such as pass/fail did not work for us.  Hope this helps!

 Debbie

Randy Richardson

Brian Allen said:

Randy, adding onto Ashley's comments, can you share what version of SCORM you're publishing for, as well as the status you're setting (complete/incomplete, pass/fail, etc.).

Cornerstone LMS, published as SCORM 1.2 which what Cornerstone requires and status is: Completed/incomplete.
Brian Allen

Randy Richardson said:

Cornerstone LMS, published as SCORM 1.2 which what Cornerstone requires and status is: Completed/incomplete.

That sounds right, and is exactly what I'd recommend.  Curious, have you tried this with a smaller course, like 5 or 10 slides, and see if it behaves the same?  Do you have the same problem with all Articulate content or is it just this one course?

Randy Richardson

This is a fairly large course an

Brian Allen said:

Randy Richardson said:

Cornerstone LMS, published as SCORM 1.2 which what Cornerstone requires and status is: Completed/incomplete.

That sounds right, and is exactly what I'd recommend.  Curious, have you tried this with a smaller course, like 5 or 10 slides, and see if it behaves the same?  Do you have the same problem with all Articulate content or is it just this one course?

This is a fairly large course and the first I've made for our existing LMS.  I think I know where you are going- you think i'm exceeding SCORM 1.2 data limits with this large course??  i'm thinking that too.
Brian Allen

Randy Richardson said:

This is a fairly large course and the first I've made for our existing LMS.  I think I know where you are going- you think i'm exceeding SCORM 1.2 data limits with this large course??  i'm thinking that too.

It's definitely possible, but I'm not familiar enough with Cornerstone LMS to know if it could be something else...  My next step would be to set up a small test and see how that behaves so that I have something more to go on.

We use SumTotal LMS, and the Articulate content we run through it is some of the most reliable as far as accurate tracking, bookmarking, completion, etc.

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Lynne,

What tracking/reporting option are you using? Also what SCORM output? It would help if you can share a copy of the .story file here so that folks could take a look at those settings.  Also this discussion is a bit older so it would also be good to know what Storyline version you're using?