Lost file!!

May 09, 2019

I've been working on my course all day and storyline just crashed and was refusing to open my file. I saw some advice which said to change the name of the file so I did but that is a version from this morning so I've lost a lot of work. I've located the [recovered].temp file in the appdata folder on my laptop but I don't know how to convert it into a .story file or access it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 Replies
Michael Anderson

You may not have file extensions displayed in Windows. Check out the webpage below, and under the heading "Show File Extensions in Windows", follow the instructions under step 1 only. That should be all you need to do to see the extensions. Then try to rename your file again the way you did before.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-file-extensions-in-windows

Katie Riggio

Oh no, Rachel. I'm so sorry you've come across this roadblock.

Thanks for submitting your file to our Support team. I see my teammate, Chino, is working closely with you on some next steps to try. 🤞

While it's tough to nail down why files become corrupt, these best practices can help mitigate the risk. Appreciate you reaching out, and we're here if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.