7 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Malvika, 

Thanks for sending along the link to the course you're looking at for inspiration! I'm not seeing their .story file included in that web link. Depending on their setup, it could be a marker or a button that they reworked for the course to show the quotes for each character. Did they happen to share their .story file with you?

I'd like to take a closer look at your file to help you with what you've started working on so far. Please feel free to upload to this thread or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Malvika, 

I took a look at the project file that you shared and compared it to the markers in the website and it looks like the main difference is that the project file embedded in the website makes use or markers that also 'Show layers' when clicked on. This is what gives the effect of highlighting specific characters in the slide. 

I've attached a sample project file so you can see what I mean. Try clicking on the right-most character in the attached file to see a layer appear when the marker is clicked on.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Malvika,

You'll need a version of the background image with a single character highlighted and the rest grayed out to achieve the effect. I don't have a sample image available right now, but the concept is that the learner will be viewing a different version of the image each time a marker is clicked on. 

I'll let members of the community chime in so they can share possible solutions and project files with you!