Markers

Jun 16, 2021

Hi everyone

I'm just trying out markers on a slide (I'm new to Storyline) and I would like to know...

a) can I have the text box that is revealed always stay in open position whilst the others are clicked (rather than it disappear)?

b) can I force the user to click all of them before moving to next slide?

I'm using 360 and have a "continue" button in a hidden state that I would like to appear once I know that all the markers have been viewed.

Appreciate any advice.

Andrew

2 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

The markers are pre-built so you're kind of stuck with the built-in behaviors. But if you want something more custom, you can create your own marker.

You can keep the button hidden and use a trigger to unhide. Create a visited state for the marker. Then add a trigger to change the state of the button when the state of the markers are visited.

Here's a quick tutorial and a link to a webinar I did recently on ideas with the markers and labels.

Andrew Longson

Thank you.  Yes the change of state on the continue button works well with having the visited state on the markers and it means that the user must view (click) all the markers anyway before it's classed as visited.  That's exactly what I wanted.  I'll look at your links anyway.  Thank you.