Matching, but NOT Drag and Drop
Apr 28, 2014
I wonder if something like this is possible in StoryLine?
For an activity like that, with many pairs to match, and a full screen, you would need to drop each box on top of its pair, hiding the content of the bottom box.
I don't care so much about the spinning exits of the matched items, but the general functionality of:
- just click each match (not drag and drop)
- state change once pairs matched (preferably disappear)
In a simple test file, I did the following:
- created a "matched" state for each box (no line, no fill, white text = disappear)
- used a variable for matches (Match01 =0, click appropriate box = +1, click its match = +1, Match01 =2 changes state of boxes to "matched"; click a non-match = -1)
- used 2 button sets to separate matched sides and allow only one of a group to be selected.
- set selected states
- how to return state to mormal when an incorrect match is made.
- my logic above may cause disappeared matches to return (or not disappear) if they are accorded too many minus one's.
Hope this all makes some sense.
In short...is there a way to do a click-to-select match activity (without drag and drop) along the lines of the flash example provided?
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.