Matching Drag and Drop

Feb 06, 2016

Has anyone come up with a way to resize the drag and drop objects in the quiz so that you can fit more text in it w/o shrinking the font so that it is illegible? If anyone has an example or directions I can use to do this PLEASE share them! THANKS!!!

6 Replies
Zsolt Olah

Ann,

Not sure how much text you're talking about but each text box has one of these settings:

1) Do not Autofit
Setting this you can size the box manually. If the text fits, it fits. It won't resize the text if not.

2) Shrink text on overflow
This will shrink your text to fit. When using variables to display text, this might cause smaller text size to make sure it fits.

3) Resize shape to fit text
This one does the opposite of 2. It resizes the text box itself to the size of the text, rather than shrinking the text to the size of the box.

Right-click on textbox and select Format Shape -> Textbox to see the settings. 

Which settings are you working with? 

Tim Neill

Well it should be possible! It's an oversight in Storyline 2 and needs correcting soon. This inability to control text sizes makes the finished quiz question appear wrong. Especially noticeable where the length of text varies significantly between boxes.

And please, please, with respect, don't thank me for 'reaching out and sharing this feedback with us ...'. I just want it fixed.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.