Menu Issue in Storyline 360

Jun 24, 2018

I am working on a project in Storyline 360.   In my last project,  the menu defaulted to being shown rather than hidden, and it faded out the slides as they were completed.  That way my menu and audio transcript tabs were showing from the beginning.

On my new project, I clicked on "Player" and made sure that I have the menu showing:Player Screenshot

When I open my published instruction, it looks like this:

Initial View

When I click on the 3 bars, it reveals my menu and audio transcript tabs as seen below, covering part of my slide:

Menu Open

Can anyone share what I need to do to get the menu to show and not be hidden from the beginning?

Thank you!

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Lisa!  Dave's right.  We released the modern player to offer learners a consistent experience between desktop and mobile browsing of your courses!  Existing courses will remain with the classic player, and new courses will use the modern player by default.

No worries, though.  Changing to either player is as simple as using this new dropdown:

The classic player can have your menu display by default in the sidebar as you remember it!  Let me know if you need any help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.