Microlearning Quiz

Nov 29, 2023

Hi All, I know the Microlearning lessons do not offer a quiz, but I simply built a quiz in Storyline and used it easily in the Microlearning. It's working as expected with the proper triggers to continue the course and/or report to our LMS. Everything including the failure and reset is excellent.

Only issue I have is when the learner scrolls back up to the previous slide and then back down to the quiz it resets it. I've set the Storyline to resume saved states and tried every possible combination, but it seems the Microlearning loads information per slide as new.

Just curious if anyone else could offer information on what I could try next to avoid the learner from scrolling up to simply reset the quiz (and attempts).

Link to Rise Course: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/6d00c105-5d61-4efb-9c73-2f448eae3eef/review
Attached is the SL File

Thank you in advance!!

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Mark,

Happy to chime in!

Embedded Storyline 360 blocks in a Rise 360 course are added as iframes so there isn't a way for them to store saved data to resume progress. Certain sections in a Rise 360 course are reloaded when learners go back to review content, and Storyline 360 blocks are among those included in the reset. When the iframes are reloaded, the progress in the embedded block is automatically reset and there is no way to resume the previous progress. 

If you need the quiz progress to be saved, consider building your course entirely in Storyline 360 instead.