Mouse Pointer

Aug 16, 2016

Hello,

I am trying to enter a mouse movement into a slide, of which I have in several slides in my presentation, but for some reason with this particular slide it wont let me chose where to have it enter from. I have tried duplicating the slide as well creating a whole new one from scratch but its not helping. I can't see any differences between this problem slide and all the others with a mouse inserted.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bree,

I'd agree with Wendy, that it will be a bit easier to figure out what's happening if you're able to share your .story file here with us. You will also want to confirm that you're working on local project files as described here and adhering to those other guidelines, and that you're using the latest update of Storyline 2 Update 10. 

Also, if your slides are from a screen recording, the mouse enter from location is driven by the previous slide and where the mouse cursor left off, so you wouldn't be able to change that set up. If you're in need of editing the screen recording, please take a look at the steps here. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Bree!

If the Enter From selector is grayed out, it's because the direction of the mouse movement is already determined by the previous slide. When you have consecutive slides with mouse cursors, the end point of the first will be the beginning point of the next.

If you are breaking this connection, you should insert a new mouse cursor.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.