Move and rotate

Jun 12, 2017

Hello, I've been working on Storyline for a short time and i have many doubts, one of them is about moving and rotating an object. I already make it, but working with states, assigned "r" to make the state change and a moving trigger to the motion, nothing fancy. The thing is that i need to make a fluent rotation cuz i need to measure the degrees of rotation with a conveyor, as you may know that would be to many states and triggers. 

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

5 Replies
Daniel Sposato (Philly)

Hey Kevin, the easiest way that I could envision doing this is to use the Seekbar as your controller.

Iv'e attached an example made in SL2 that requires only one trigger, a rotation animation from the Animations tab on the dial and a few adjustments on the base layer. It's pretty fluent! I imagine you could replace it with whatever kind of dial image. One with degrees of rotation rather that the timer looking image I used. Let me know if this works for you!

Daniel Sposato (Philly)

No problem Kevin. You actually probably could do what you're describing with slide layers. Provided you don't have to move them both at the same time at least (because there is only one Seekbar). You could have a toggle button that switches between one slide layer with the dial on it and another slide layer with the other part. You could also set it up to change the measuring bar above the Seekbar when you toggle between controlling the two.

Let me know if you want some help developing it.  =)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.