Multiple motion paths to one object in Storyline 360

Nov 22, 2023

Hi everyone, 

I am currently playing around with motion paths and I am curious to know if it is possible to apply 2 motion paths to one object without making learners click anything in storyline  360. For context, I have an icon of a teacher that appears and is synced on the timeline with the audio narration. After a few seconds the teacher icon moves to the left and another picture appears which is a donut chart with some text. I want the animation to play seamlessly. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks in advance for your help. 

Cheers,

Ayushi 

3 Replies
Martin Sinclair

Hi Ayushi

I'm not sure I can quite picture your example, but yes it is possible to add more than one motion path to an object.

An example might be:

Add Motion Path 1 (let's say this is left to right) and have it animate when the timeline reaches 5 seconds. 

Add Motion Path 2 (let's say this is top to bottom vertically) in the same way, but this time have it animate when the animation of Motion path 1 ends.

The effect would then be at 5 seconds on the timeline, the object would move from left to right, then immediately it would move from top to bottom, without the learner having to click anything additionally.

There are a few more settings (such as easing in and out, or relative start points to determine if the motion path starts from where it was originally set or from where it currently sits) - It may be you want to explore these options if you arent getting the result you want

Feel free to post a project file :)

Steven Benassi

Hi Ayushi!

Glad to see you've been receiving some great help from the community! I just wanted to pop in and share a resource on working with multiple Motion Paths in Storyline!

If you're comfortable sharing a .story file you've worked on, feel free to upload it here in the discussion so others can offer insight and suggestions!