Navigating from one SCORM Storyline 360 Quiz to another in Moodle 3.5 LMS

Jan 14, 2019

Hi,

I have created several quizzes in Storline 360. I have published them as SCORM 1.2 in Moodle (version 3.5).

My problem is with navigation, esp. in Moddle mobile app. Once the student ( children in this case), finish one quiz its difficult for them to go to the next quiz.  They have to navigate 2 steps back and then select the next quiz.

Is there any option where at the end of the quiz i can have a button which the user can click to go to next Quiz?

I have also tried to add all the quizzes in Rise and then add to Moodle. In this case, on the web user has to go to full screen and then back to normal. On the mobile the user has to click exit (as its already in full screen mode). Also , in Rise ,I am not sure whether i will get scores for each quiz. I am also using the quizzes for competency tracking.

Please let me know what are my best options. Would publishing in any other SCORM type (2004?) help. Is there any button based navigation to jump to next SCORM quiz?

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Bodapati,

It sounds like each Storyline quiz stands alone as a separate output file in your LMS, is that right?

Keeping the quizzes separate means there isn't an easy way for learners to navigate from one quiz to another. They will have to go back into the LMS to access the next quiz. 

Have you considered combining all quizzes into one Storyline file? Then, you can add a cumulative results slide at the end of the quizzes. Storyline gives you two options for tracking:

• User must pass each quiz:  Select this option if learners must pass each individual quiz (represented by each result slide) in order to pass the overall course. If learners fail any quiz in the course, then they fail the entire course.
  • Combine points from each quiz:  Select this option if you want the scores from all tracked result slides to be added together as the final score for the course, then enter a percentage in the Passing Score field. In this scenario, a learner could fail one or more of the individual quizzes and still pass the overall course.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.