New Adobe Flash Issues? September 2016

Sep 21, 2016

Suddenly, I cannot open any previously created, published Storyline courses when I launch them via the story.html file.

This was always my previous method to test published courses to verify the integrity of the files, as I've had errors in published courses previously.

A few days ago, after an apparent Flash update (?), I now get a spinning gray circle in lieu of a launched course. I don't want to launch via the HTML5 .html file.

What can be done to remedy this? Hasn't this been a major issue?

Testing in Storyline is fine, but it doesn't translate to verifying that a published course is without errors.

Thanks

4 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hi Byron,

Thanks for reaching out here today and sharing your experience. This is a new security feature of Flash Player 23. As you noticed, if you attempt to launch content locally you may see just a spinning circle or Flash player notification. Check out this article for more details and how to add trusted locations to your Flash Player. :)

Ali Goulet

Hi Byron-

Thanks so much for letting me know. I've heard of one other person seeing it in other browsers as well after the update, and we will continue to monitor this. The issue was resolved for them in all browsers once those steps in the article were followed.

Please let me know what happens so we can remain as vigilant as possible! Thanks again. 

Ali Goulet

Hi again Byron- If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get some further info from you regarding this to aid in our Quality Assurance team's investigation of the issue. When you have a chance, would you be able to provide me with the following?:

• What operating system are you using? You mentioned you're on a mac, you can locate the version by clicking the Apple > About this Mac
  • Would you mind sharing one of the project files you're seeing this with here? You can add it as an attachment right to a comment in this thread. 
  • Which browsers are you seeing this in specifically and what versions are they?
  • The version of Flash that you're running, just to confirm. 

Thanks in advance for this information, it's greatly appreciated. :) 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.