NEW IN STORYLINE 360: Glossary Import and Export

Jul 23, 2019

Today we released an exciting new feature for Storyline 360: glossary import and export. Now it’s a cinch to add a glossary to your Storyline 360 projects.

Build your glossary in a spreadsheet, save it as a .csv file, and import it directly to your course. After you import, you can easily make edits right in your project. Simply click a term or definition and start typing.

You can even export your glossary to a .csv file to reuse it in another project. 

We think you’re going to love this one.

64 Replies
Andrew Baker

I'd never added a glossary directly before because it was such a chore. Having links to external documents was okay but always seemed a bit of a bolt on. Just tried this function out and really impressed with the simplicity.

Re: Jerson's question - I didn't try it it but the intro information does show a couple of options when importing a new file to an existing glossary where you can just import additions or delete the original and just import the new file. 

dave faldasz

Hi Jerson!
Short answer: you can choose to overwrite - or add. I tested it - seriously slick...  it gives you a choice. I created a single row item in a new CSV called "Fruit" (see attached for those curious about CSV formatting) and attempted to upload it to an existing Articulate 360 glossary of 28 terms. It popped up a window and politely asked me if I wished to replace what I had, or add it to existing. Works perfectly.

Tim Spaid

I like it!  I imported a pretty robust glossary of 22 pages of definitions.  Since there are so many terms and definitions I will look forward to the ability to allow my learners to search  versus being forced to scroll-and-scroll.  And as others have mentioned before, the ability to link to click a link that opens the glossary to the same term and definition.  Great progress on this.

David Fair

Hi Margit, thanks for reaching out! Excel supports multiple CSV formats, and some of them could cause problems for accented characters. If you're using Excel for Windows, choose one of these file formats when you save: CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) or CSV (Comma delimited). If you're using Excel for Mac, choose the Windows Comma Separated (csv) format. Then import your CSV file into Storyline again. Your accented characters should be preserved. Other CSV formats might change your accented characters to symbols. Let me know if that helps!

Jack Ding

Hello Wendy,
It is scribbling, with me it does not work with csv file either, wahrscheinlch it is to do with csv format.
If I want to save the file as a CSV (separator-separated), I always get the message: Some features in the workbook may be lost if you save them as CSV (separator-separated). Do you want to use the format anyway?
If so, then I do not see in SL360 what I have imported.
Thanks in advance!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.