newbie question

Apr 08, 2020

i have markers with triggers on layers and when i preview it says "the slide target of this link is not available in this preview"  

Did i do the trigger wrong?  Is the preview locked? 

I get the same message when I try to use the next and previous buttons to go slide to slide.

I would appreciate any coaching please

5 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hard to tell without seeing your file, but here is some basic info that might help:

• It's possible to preview one slide, one scene, or the whole course.
    • If you don't preview the whole course, the preview won't show you any slide that's not included in the preview.
    • Thus, if you preview just one slide, the Next and Previous buttons won't go anywhere. And any lightboxed slides won't appear, either.
  • Typically, the "slide target of this link is not available" message appears because a previewed slide is trying to access a slide that wasn't included in the preview.
    • You should not see that message for any link that stays within a given slide. For example, there should be no problem previewing one slide with triggers that show layers on the same slide.

So double check your triggers, and be sure to include all the necessary slides in the Preview.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.