Not able to insert the existing Replay Screencast into Storyline 360 as Step-by-Step

Jun 11, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to insert the previously recorded Replay screencast into Storyline 360 as described here: "To insert an existing screencast you previously recorded, go to the Slides tab on the ribbon, click the Record Screen drop-down arrow, and choose a screencast. Then select the option to insert it as Step-by-step slides."

However, my Record Screen does not have the option to choose screencast. Only this options are available:Record Screen

Please advise. I'm pretty new to the 360 products.

Thank you.

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Inna!  Welcome to 360 - we're happy to have you.

You can insert a Storyline screen recording as a step-by-step series of slides.  Storyline's screen recording tool gives you the ability to create software simulations by breaking down each of your recorded actions into step-by-step slides.

Replay, however, does a great job creating engaging training videos that can capture your screen, webcam, narration and images.  When you publish a Replay project, you'll get an .mp4 that can be inserted into our other authoring tools as a video file.

So for step-by-step demonstrations, use the Storyline screen recording tool.  As you found, you'll easily be able to use that screen recording over and over again in the same project.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.