Offline Viewing SL 360

Mar 07, 2023

Have there been any updates for Offline Viewing? The last post I've seen 11 months ago said publishing for CD was the option to use. Since I've updated the SL360 app, the CD version is no longer available when publishing. So is there a player or an offline viewing option available or being worked on for the latest version of SL360?

3 Replies
Jonathan Flieder

What if you are trying to publish for offline viewing on an iPad? I've tried downloading AMP, publishing with classic player enabled, publishing to Rise as a block, sending the review link to email then clicking it on the device - - nothing seems to work. CD did the trick, but now there doesn't seem to be a good offline playback option for Ipad. Can you advise? TU

Lauren Connelly

Hello Jonathan!

Since the removal of Flash, we don't have a way to publish courses for offline viewing. I have seen that community members often publish their courses for Web and then send the entire published output folder to the user viewing the course offline. The user has to open the story.html, which is what Jürgen mentioned. The drawback here is that there isn't a way to track data like who is viewing the course or their scores. If that is important, I recommend uploading your course to an LMS.

Lastly, we are keeping track of how many users are requesting an offline viewing option, so I've added this discussion to the report so we can return if there is an update to share.