opening courses on mobile devices in articulate storyline 360 using brightspace lms

Jun 02, 2023

Dear heroes,

I hope this message finds you well. I am seeking your assistance regarding an issue we are facing while opening a course created in Articulate Storyline 360 on mobile devices. We currently utilize the Brightspace LMS and have published the course in SCORM 1.2 format.

Our problem is that when we access the course on a PC or Mac, it functions as intended without any issues. However, when attempting to open the course on a phone or tablet, it opens in a new tab instead of within the LMS app. I have attached screenshots for your reference.

We have already checked the player settings, and the option for opening a new pop-up slide is unchecked. Despite this, the issue persists on mobile devices.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with a solution to overcome this problem. Any guidance or suggestions you can offer would be immensely helpful in resolving this issue and ensuring a smooth learning experience for our users across all devices.

Thank you very much for your time and support. I look forward to your response.

1 Reply
John Morgan

Hi Praveen,

Great question! I understand that your course is opening in a new window even though the option for opening a new pop-up slide is unchecked. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening!  I have a follow-up question regarding the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Have you tested your course in SCORM cloud? It's an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS or the Story file. If you test your course on SCORM cloud and it works perfectly, then your issue is likely LMS-based.

Thanks for reaching out!