Optimal Laptop Build for Storyline 360

Aug 11, 2017

Hello Community! 
I've gotten approval from my department to purchase a laptop SPECIFICALLY for Storyline 360 (and Adobe Creative Cloud, but not running simultaneously). 
(Don't worry about the budget, I'll deal with that later). 
I'd appreciate your input on optimal performance beyond the system requirements. Speed is most important. We have an external server where everything gets saved to so I'm not concerned (much) with local storage. Suggestions for processors and graphics cards are especially appreciated! 

1 Reply
Brian Dennis

I'd suggest ranking memory, then (solid state) hard drive speed and capacity then processor. I'm pretty certain Articulate strongly discourages working/saving to network drives so a fast local storage option is important. Faster memory will boost speed overall, from application time to publishing time. Stock graphics cards are quite good so that's why I'd bump them down in the priority list. Oh, and SL really prefers 96DPI on Windows 10, as people have mentioned in these forums; otherwise the menus and program text are quite small especially on larger screens

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.