overriding the story structure in Storyline 360

Dec 30, 2022

ISSUE: Is there a way to manually override the storyline structure the emerges from the TRIGGERS? In other words, in stories that do not have a linear structure, multiple links can result in a structure that does not accurately depict the content. I want to force it into place without abandoning a network of links that allow users navigational flexibility.

EXAMPLE: In the attached example, the outlined sub-scene is properly linked to slides in multiple scenes, but it "belongs" as a sub-scene to the one pointed to by the red arrow.

THANKS. Robert

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Robert!

I'm happy to help! To clarify, it sounds like you're looking to alter the algorithm of the scenes displayed in Story View, but the course behaves as expected with the triggers you've added. Is that correct?

The way scenes are displayed in Story View is based on triggers and will shift when the triggers shift. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to override the triggers for a different display of the scenes in Story View. But I encourage you to share this with our product team in the form of a feature request! We'll update you if it makes it on our feature roadmap.