Player Menu

Mar 23, 2014

I know that I can enable -disable the menu on a slide by slide basis, but is it possible to setup a button or some dynamic way of hiding -showing the menu? Coming from the Captivate world, the Cativate menu -TOC can be configureded to be hidden, allowing the slide content to use the max screen -player real estate with a small icon that allows the learner to overlay the menu (table of contents) and hide it as needed....

thanks,

jackL

6 Replies
Bruce Graham

Nancy Woinoski said:

Hi Jack, as Bruce said you can't do that right now but you can move the menu to the top bar of the player so that it becomes a clickable tab. When users click on it, the menu opens on top of the content. You can set this up in the Player settings.

...always forget about that one

Not a fan as it usually ends up covering learning/real estate, but at the moment it is the only option.

Thanks Nancy, and Jack - I hope that helps.

Nancy Woinoski

Bruce Graham said:

Nancy Woinoski said:

Hi Jack, as Bruce said you can't do that right now but you can move the menu to the top bar of the player so that it becomes a clickable tab. When users click on it, the menu opens on top of the content. You can set this up in the Player settings.

...always forget about that one

Not a fan as it usually ends up covering learning/real estate, but at the moment it is the only option.

Thanks Nancy, and Jack - I hope that helps.

I don't mind it because users only need to open it when they want to use the menu to navigate away from the screen they are on so it doesn't really matter that it covers the screen.  The one that is more of a problem is notes. When you add notes as a tab at the top it covers too much of the screen - plus you have to click the tab to open the notes each time you move to a new screen.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.