Please help

Jan 18, 2019

I am still using Storyline 2 (employer wont upgrade).

For the last 3 years we have uploaded our completed e-learns to the Moodle platform. This gave us a record of all employees who had completed a course. Admin staff would then copy these completions manually into staff training records (around 4,500 staff). This manual process of copying results takes some time.

We are now moving our published e-learns to a new platform which automatically updates an employee's training records both when they start a course and when they finish (complete/passed/failed etc.). Unfortunately when uploaded to the new platform, courses are not registering when they have  started or what the result was.

Am I missing something in the setup , tracking or reporting? I have tried many options but just cannot get it to work :(

Any help much apperciated 

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Andy,

Is your new LMS still a Moodle setup, or something completely different? I'd suggest checking with the LMS team about the tracking/reporting settings you need to use and as Pierre mentioned, it may be a different LMS output type altogether. The bad news, you'll need to republish the courses using that new type. The good news is that should have your courses back up and running and save you the manual data entry! 

Another option is to take a look at the data Storyline is sending to your LMS to see if you can spot where the missed connection is. To do this, you'll need to enable LMS debug mode.

Let us know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.