Problem to play the first sound of the first screen in Articulate 360 / SCORM 2004 export

Jun 01, 2018

Hello.

As the title says, the first sound of the first screen isn't launched in SCORM 2004 exports, when played from my desktop using Chrome 66 and above. I'm using Storyline 360.

I've found this article about this subject (in french) : 

https://articulate.com/fr-FR/support/article/Storyline-and-Studio-HTML5-Audio-Won-t-Play-in-Google-Chrome-66-and-Later

This article says that this bug is corrected with the latest version  of SL 360, with a "play" button displayed when using Chrome 66 and above to launch the first slide. But when in republish my projects with my updated Storyline, i didn't see any buttons and the first sound is not played.

Did I missed something ?

Thanks for your help :)

8 Replies
Arnaud JAYET

Hi.

Yes, our context is quite peculiar : we have an independant web page acting like an LMS  and launching several Storyline SCORM 2004 modules. The whole architecture is SCORM 2004 compliant and it works well when incorporated and launched from an LMS.

But this architecture was designed also to be used on a local context (from the desktop or an USB key for example) and worked perfectly before the Chrome update. Actually so, the first sound didn't play when launched locally and our customer asks us to fix that.

I think I will add a "play button" myself on the first screen in my modules for the local context only as a workaround.

Crystal Horn

Hey Arnaud. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 17 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where in HTML5, the audio on the first slide was not playing when viewed locally on Google Chrome Version 66.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.