Problem with PeopleSoft with SCORM 2004

Jul 25, 2018

Hi guys,

I have a major problem which I cannot find the way to fix it. I developed one e-Learning course for a client who use PeopleSoft LMS. I published it with SCORM 2004 (3rd edition) and when a client runs my course into their LMS, they find out bugs as following.

"AUDIO/VIDEO: Unknown MIME type".

There is no voice on some slide. I'm trying to find a solution but it is a dead end. Is there anyone help me fix this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kittisak L.

6 Replies
Kittisak L.

Hi all,

Another problem comes up. I suggest your method to my client to set up on their own server but they deny it. They said they didn't want to adjust anything on their server. They told me to find other solution to fix this issue. Well....

Any another solution? I create so many courses to other clients but no problem at all so, I think it may be because of PeopleSoft LMS?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kittisak,

If they don't want to reconfigure their server to play MP4 videos, you'd need to find out what type of videos they do support and replace those in your Storyline course. 😕 

It could be PeopleSoft or the server they're accessing the course from. Another way to test is to upload the content to another site such as Tempshare or Amazon S3 for Web content or SCORM Cloud for LMS content.  Share one of those links with your client and see if they can play the videos. That'll narrow down if the issue is specific to your LMS or how their server is accessing the video files. 

Let us know if you need more help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.