Problems with Audios and character animations

Jul 31, 2017

Hello everyone. I work with an e-learning company. We use Storyline to develop our courses. Here are few probles that we have been facing recently, after publishing a file. 

1. If we have added a trigger to play the audio at the start of the screen, based on few conditions, the audio automatically plays in the middle of the timeline, when screen is replayed (using replay button) or seeked (using the seekbar).

2. If I have characters appearing with a background and fading out in the middle of the timeline, The background vanishes when I drag the seekbar back to 1 second (or any time not from the start of timeline). 

I am attaching a sample published file with this post. 

Can anyone please help me?

2 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Nidhi!

I'm sorry that's happening, thanks for sharing your published output with me.

I uploaded it to SCORM Cloud to test it in a learning management system, and I'm hearing the voice audio start when the male character's state changes-- is that not what's supposed to happen?

I'm also not seeing the background disappear if I drag the seekbar back.

Can you take a look at it here and let me know if you're still hearing a problem? 

If these issues are still happening for you there, I have a couple more questions:

1. What browser are you viewing it in?
  2. Can you share your unpublished .story project file here with me so I can do some more testing?

Keep me posted!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.