Progress Bar

Jun 12, 2023

Hello.

I have developed a slide-based video simulation using Storyline. This simulation is a mandatory course for learners, so I have removed the navigation buttons to ensure they complete it in its entirety. However, I still want to provide them with a progress bar to track their progress throughout the course. Additionally, I need to track the learners' progress.

The current player slider in Storyline only displays the progress of each individual slide. I'm wondering how I can add a slider that shows the progress of the entire course, rather than each slide. Unfortunately, physically adding a progress bar/slider to the master slide isn't working due to the integration of screen recordings within the slides.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or assistance you can provide to help me overcome this challenge.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

Shilpaa

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Shilpa!

It sounds like you had some questions about designing a custom progress bar in your Storyline 360 course! Take a peek at this example to see one way to achieve that:

Also, you mentioned adding a progress bar to your Master Slide would conflict with the screen recordings you have within the slides themselves. I'd be curious to take a closer look at your .story file to see if there's an easy fix for that!

It looks like you've attached the entire zip package to your post, but we would need just the .story file by itself in order to access your course. You can share it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!