Projects fail to open after updating Articulate Storyline 3 - April 13, 2022 (Build 3.16.27367.0)

Apr 14, 2022

Hello Heroes,

After installing the April 13, 2022 (Build 3.16.27367.0) update, I have been having issues opening my .story files/projects created right before and right after this update. The error message shows the following:

Error message after April 13, 2022 (Build 3.16.27367.0) update

Has anyone been experiencing this issue as well after the recent update?

Just to quickly share a scenario with you:
13 Apr 2022: "Project A" was created with Storyline 3 (December 21, 2021 (Build 3.15.26825.0) was already installed)

14 Apr 2022: Continued working on "Project A" without an issue > saved and closed project > checked for updates > downloaded and installed April 13, 2022 (Build 3.16.27367.0) update > tried opening "Project A" but failed with the above error message > briefly recreated "Project A", let's call it "Project B" > saved and closed "Project B" > tried opening "Project B" as well but failed with the same error message

Your (Heroes/Staff) advice is much appreciated. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions on how to rectify this issue (i.e. uninstall-reinstall/revert to the previous update/etc).

Many thanks,

Abby

5 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Abby.

We just released the fix for the issue reported where project files wouldn't open after duplicating a text object.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.
Abby Lam

Hi Maria

Thank you for the update, your time and effort. Darrell has already provided his advice and suggestion. However, I have decided not to proceed with the suggestion as well as the latest update (Build 3.17.27621.0).

I have shared with Darrell my concern. Thankfully I managed to find a temporary solution whereby I rolled back to the previous Storyline 3 version (20 Dec 2021). This version is more stable for the time being as I have several urgent projects in hand to complete.

Hope to have kept you informed for now. I'll stay informed with the latest Storyline 3 update via Articulate's website.

James Dean

We appreciate you sharing this article with us. And I appreciate the time and work you put into writing such an excellent piece for us.I'm delighted I found your post because it made it easy to find the spoiler. Additionally, I discovered the website www.topessaywriting.org/samples/philosophy online, where I may view essay samples without charge. I no longer need to pay someone to compose my essays for me.