Publish to LMS Scorm 2004 not working properly

Mar 24, 2016

I am having issues with my project exportation. I follow the LMS Publishing instructions (and they’ve worked for me before) and publish my course and then choose to zip it after it’s been published. I would like to use the zip file to upload into the course I’m building in Canvas, which is SCORM enabled. When I upload my zipped file, it says an error occurred and it doesn’t work. I called our Online Course tech support office and they looked at the problem and said it was most likely due to the exportation process in Articulate Storyline 2. Other details: I'm exporting to my hard disk, not the cloud; I check include HTML5, Mobile player, & download for offline viewing. I have tried using standard and custom slide quality. Any help is appreciated! 

5 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Pierce -- Thanks for reaching out and for noting that you are following the directions here for Publishing for LMS. May I ask if you have also had the opportunity to test your published output to see how it loads on the SCORM Cloud, as that is the recommended environment for LMS course testing? Please see this article for additional details: How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud

Christie Pollick

Hi, Pierce -- Thanks so much for your reply! Typically, when your course works as intended in the SCORM Cloud, but not in your LMS, that tends to indicate that the issue is not so much with the course itself but rather how it's behaving on your LMS. At that point, we usually recommend that you reach out to your LMS provider directly for additional investigation. 

And I tell you what, would you be able to upload or share your file so I can publish/test it on my end in the SCORM Cloud and then I will share a link so you can let me know if you experienced the same? 

Options to share include: uploading it here in the thread, and all you'd need to do is click on the grey ADD ATTACHMENT button in the bottom left of the reply box and upload from there. 

Or, you may also send your file for private offline review by using this form -- it's up to you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.