publishing

Dec 04, 2013

Hi there, 

Up until now I have had no problems publishing any content in storyline, but my latest 'story' I have created does not seem to be finishing the publishing process and does not come up with the dialogue box at the end.  Are you able to offer advise as to why this is happening or what I could do?

Thanks

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brooke, 

Can you confirm which version of Storyline you're using, we're on update 4 now, which fixed a a number of bugs, and one specifically connected to the publish stopping when there was a problem with an image file used for a logo.  I'd suggest downloading update 4 and trying to publish again, and if you're still having difficulty you'll want to check the following items next:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).

• Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.

• Conduct a repair of Storyline 

Hi Lindsay,

We've found that the publish to Word feature in Articulate Storyline Update 3 fails on some computers. When this happens, you'll usually be asked to save a template.dot file. This issue was also fixed in Update 4 for Storyline. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.