Publishing for Ipad

Jan 18, 2013

Hello,

is there a way to publish a presentation for mobile viewing without having the viewer download the articulate app?

also, in mobile view, does the user have access to view the resources attached to the presentation? 

Thanks for the help!

20 Replies
Cris smith

Thank you for your help Zola. I tried to direct them to the HTML 5 output, but I get the following message "Unsupported Browser, the HTML5 Player does not currently support this web browser. Click here to view this project using the standard flash player."  Do you know if I'm receiving this because I'm using a first gen Ipad?

Graeme Clarke

Hi

As an avid Ipad user I was delighted to find that Puffin browser (an Ipad app runns flash) how I am not sure.

There is a free version and a paid version I have attached a screen shot from my Ipad running a demo module,

I am testing it at the moment if it has no bugs I will link it to all my learners.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/puffin-web-browser/id406239138?mt=8

Hope this works for you!

Michael Fimian

When the App first was introduced, it work well and automatically with all the SL output I produced.  The most recent version seems to want to be downloaded every time you play a presentation;  lots of screen flipping and tapping.

Sort of like installing Flash every time you wanted to look at a flash page on a PC, only faster...

Sam Carter

Cris Ortega said:

Thanks Sam, that worked!

For some reason the audio is not playing on some of my slides. Also, my slides with video do not play the video... does anyone know why?

Unless your iPad is running IOS 6, you will need to setup your course so the student is required to click NEXT.  Safari in IOS 1 ... 5 requires a student interaction to play audio.

If you want non-IOS devices to transition slides automatically, you'll have to set every slide to manual advance, then add a trigger to every slide to proceed automatically if the device is NOT IOS OR IOS6+.  Unfortunately, you'll need to add JavaScript to detect this and setup a Storyline variable to remember this condition.  It's messy, but it can be done.

Peter Anderson

Hi Cris, 

Regarding Sam's question, if FLV or MP4 movies still won't play after uploading your published content to your server, it's likely that you need to add these MIME types to the server. Here's how:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.