Publishing Options

Mar 15, 2019

We have pages of content on our intranet site that includes videos, video animations, images and text. Some of the pages link out to other intranet pages and even a course on our LMS.

Has anyone converted anything like this to a course that was published to the Web or to their LMS with Storyline? 

How does SCORM work when you publish to the Web? And, if you published to the LMS, how would you handle all of the videos? I'm assuming you wouldn't embed these natively in the Storyline pages.

Thanks for any thoughts or sharing prior experience.

4 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

We have pages of content on our intranet site that includes videos, video animations, images and text. Some of the pages link out to other intranet pages and even a course on our LMS.

Has anyone converted anything like this to a course that was published to the Web or to their LMS with Storyline? 

• You can add anything to your slides: text, videos, audio, images and links to intranet pages.
  • Intranet pages could be links or embedded as a web object as Leslie notes above. The end user needs access to those pages otherwise they won't load for them. I assume linking to the LMS forces the end user to login to access the course. I probably wouldn't link to the LMS from inside a course.

How does SCORM work when you publish to the Web?

• It doesn't. There is no SCORM date when publishing for web. It's basically like a web page. You can publish to LMS and not use the LMS data if you want to put the course on the web. You'd just link to the story.html file rather than the LMS file.

And, if you published to the LMS, how would you handle all of the videos? I'm assuming you wouldn't embed these natively in the Storyline pages.

• You can insert the video on the slide or you can insert using a web object if you want to pull the video from elsewhere. If the video is on the slide, it's published with the course. If it's inserted as a web object it's on the server where it's hosted. The web object requires the end user to have access to that server so they can see the video. Just something to keep in mind. It also sits on top of the slide content.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.