Publishing to a CD

Dec 13, 2013

I've read the tutorial on publishing my Storyline content to a CD/DVD, and I'm having some trouble getting it to successfully burn and function.

I followed the steps listed-- saved to a local drive, opened my burner software (Roxio), and selected all the files in the generated folder to burn to disc.

Once the transfer was complete, I inserted my CD into a laptop that is not equipped with Storyline software.  A window opened with the title of my project, but there's no content.  There are several files on the CD itself. Can someone explain how to properly publish files to a CD? 

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Allison and welcome to Heroes!

When you look in the published folder before (and after) burning to the CD, you should see a number of files, and you're looking for the file that launches your course is called Launch_Story.exe. There’s also an autorun file, which causes your presentation to launch automatically if learners insert a CD or DVD containing your published output.  Have you tried using the files within the published output folder to play it locally? 

Could you share with us a list or image the files that you see listed within the published output folder and once you burn it to the CD? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.