Publishing to CD

Feb 28, 2017

I'm having problems with publishing to CD also. I initially published to CD on my computer and when I click the links the pdfs open in IE. This will not help for putting on a flash drive to be used by users who do not have internet access. Ideas, thoughts???   The only thing I can think of to do for linking to my PDF files is to put copies of those files into the folder where the course will be published and change the links to that location (means creating a separate SL2 file for the CD format). Anyone else have success doing something else?

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Storyline is acting as expected, if you click on the links and the pdf files open. It is the setting on the individual computer that determines what program opens them, and your users may have different settings. Just because they open in IE is no indication that they are opening over the internet. If you can click on the links and they open, it means that the module published correctly, and that all the files are in the folder.

Crystal Horn

Hi Sylvia --  just to echo Walt here, in order for the files to open from the CD format, you'll need Internet Explorer 8 or later and Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later.  You won't need to be online, but those components are used when opening the files locally!

If you use a USB drive or network drive to deploy your course, learners should copy the files to their local hard drive, then double-click the Launch_Story.exe file to play the course.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.