Question Bank -

Oct 14, 2016

Hi All,

Difficult for me to post the actual example due to privacy requirements but hoping someone can help as I am relatively new to Articulate Storyline 2.

I went into question bank and created 3 separate questions with drag and drop answers. The users can have unlimited attempts and we simply want them to eventually choose the correct answer our of a total of 3 available.  If the user clicks on the incorrect answer a message pops up which says 'try again'. This is fine but I would then like to display the same slide and reset the questions so they start again.  This does not appear to be happening quite like i expected.

When I am in the question bank, i am able to tell the slide to reset on revisit but i cannot see the slide with the questions on it within the question bank and so as a result, i cannot send the user back to the same slide.  

The only method I have found of getting it to show the correct slide name within the question bank is by creating another slide which sites outside of the question bank which kind of defeats the objective.

What am i doing wrong?

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Wayne,

With a drag and drop the behavior is not to reset all the items back to their starting position as it's providing the users with the opportunity to see how the previously answered. Folks have looked at ways around this such as using a "jump to slide" a blank side inbetween and letting that slide automatically direct back to the drag and drop slide. But as you mentioned, in a question bank that won't work. 

Hopefully others in the community will be able to weigh in here with ideas of what they've accomplished! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.