Question Banks

Jan 03, 2015

I am building a course which requires 25 random questions pulled from a potential 70 found in a question bank I have created. Sounds easy? I have set a story view follow the draw slides with 25 slides in it. However when I run the scene in preview the amount of question go past 25 and on wards even duplicating. I have even tried one draw slide but once I got to six questions I assumed it was still not working, my results page is set to pick up the result from the draw slides, but it seems to have a life of its own. could it be a question trigger? please help :-0 

3 Replies
laura aboud

Hi Dave,

When I've done this type of thing in the past, I've set up separate slides with smaller banks attached to each slide, so if I were working with this situation I would be tempted to set up 25 slides and 25 banks each with two or three questions. This will eliminate the duplicates from the blind draw, and you can set your results page to pick up the results from the 25 slides.

dave skelton

Thank you Laura this sounds like a great idea, I will take a look later. I managed to find out why the slides just kept on coming over the amount required. I had to put it down to operator error, the box where you include the number of questions was set to all instead of one. this meant they just kept coming. but love the idea of segregation through a few banks..

Dave

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.