Question banks and requiring 100% Score

Jul 20, 2013

Each of 15 question banks in a course requires the learner to get a question correct from the question bank before proceeding.  All learners get 100% in this way.  Part of the learning experience.

Does Storyline have a setting to inhibit progress until a learner answers a question from a question bank correctly?

3 Replies
Justin Grenier

Good Morning, Sam.

I'm having a little trouble envisioning your scenario:

1. Are you saying that each of the 15 question banks contains only one question, and that this one question must be answered correctly before proceeding?
  2. Are you saying that each of the 15 question banks contains multiple questions, but that only one of the questions is presented to the learner (in a random fashion) and that this randomly-selected question must be answered correctly before proceeding?
  3. Are you saying that each of the question banks contains multiple questions and presents multiple questions to the learner, but that only one of these questions must be answered correctly before proceeding?
  4. Are you saying something else that I am missing altogether?

Given a bit more detail, we'll be happy try and help.  Thanks!

Sam Carter

Sorry.  I assumed bank meant plural questions...  Specific answers follow:

1 - Each bank has multiple questions, for example, six.  The learner cannot progress until a question is answered correctly.  Repeated incorrect answers will present another question from the bank.

2 - Yes, each question bank contains multiple questions.  Only one question is presented to the learner in a random fashion.  If the learner answers incorrectly, another question is presented.  If the learner answers correctly, the bank is exited and the learner progresses to the next slide.

3 - No.

4 - No.

Justin Grenier

Thanks for the clarifying details, Sam.

For the sake of convenience, let's assume that:

• Slide 1.1 is your Draw from Question Bank 1
  • Slide 1.2 is your Draw from Question Bank 2
  • ...and so on...

Could you configure branching on the Correct answer to every question in Question Bank 1 to jump to Slide 1.2, where the next bank begins?  ...and then configure branching on the Correct answer to every question in Question Bank 2 to jump to Slide 1.3, and so on?

Here is a quick .story file that attempts to put this into action.

If you need this to accurately report a score to the LMS, you may need to get a little more creative.  

Please let me know if I'm all wet on this, and good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.