Quizzes in Storyline 360

Oct 22, 2018

Hi all, I suspect I'm being dense.....

The Storyline 360 user guide seems to indicate that you build quizzes using 'normal' slides (presumably just a new scene?), however I've seen reference to Quizmaker 360 - but I don't seem to have access to that. I'm still in trial mode so maybe that's it. Will a quiz built just as a new scene, provide data back to an LRS or do I need Quizmaker 360?

Thanks!

Tina

4 Replies
Susi B

Hi Tina,

in the 360 user guide (https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360) Number 21-29 shows you which quiz slides you can use. 21 shows you how to insert pre build questions the other ones are freeform questions. You don´t need quizmaker to add questions.

If you want to use questions for transmitting passed/not passed you need a result slide (number 40-43 in the user guide) in which you can choose which questions (or all) need to be answered and are graded.

You can add quiz slides (graded or not) everywhere like a normal slide. Depending on what you want to achieve, I recommend to build a separate file for your quiz if it is used to give the user a "certificate" or something like that. :) So they can do it like a test in school outside of the actual course and repeat it (if you want) without going through the whole course again.

BTW in trial mode you have access to every tool/feature like in the normal version.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Regards

Susi

Tina Dean

Many thanks Susi!

I am still a little confused - I'm transitioning from using iSpring, where you build a quiz using the inbuilt app as part of the whole file, so maybe I'm just struggling to change my thinking.

If I can build a quiz with a set number of repeats, and and including reporting, using Storyline, in what circumstances would I use Quizmaker?

And how do I find it? It's not in the list of apps that show in the Articulate 360 menu - see attached.

Thanks so much!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Tina,

You are absolutely correct. It sounds like Storyline 360 will fit your need perfectly.

If you did not need content or interactivity, Quizmaker 360 may be a quick option for you in the future.

There is a similar conversation here if you'd like to take a look.

If you click to Install Studio 360 (based on the image you've shared), you'll find Presenter, Quizmaker, and Engage listed there.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.