Retrieve Storyline files from Review 360

Aug 05, 2020

My hard drive died yesterday and I can see my files in Review 360 but I would like to retrieve them back in Storyline. Is this possible? Otherwise, my work for the last 8 weeks is gone!!!!!

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Kenneth,

I'm really sorry to hear your hard drive died! That's awful! There isn't a way to retrieve or unpublish a course from Review 360. You'll need the actual project file itself in order to make any edits to the content.

However, there may still be an older version of your file on your computer in your temp files! Here's how to check: 

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

I hope you're able to find something!

Phil Mayor

I suspect retrieval will cost more than 8 weeks work.

Probably not what you want to hear at this stage, a wise man (the late Jack Scofield form the Guardian) once said (well he said it more than once) data does not really exist unless you have it in 2 places, I err on the side of caution and have it stored in 3 place (hard drive, dropbox, external hard drive). My external hard drive is taken offsite when I go away in case of fire. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.