Return two separate results in Storyline 360 -- Calculate quiz score and Track number of slides viewed

Jul 10, 2019

Hello, 

I work for a large corporation that recently merged with another large corporation. One of the organizations has a specific slide that is standard in all of the courses. My team would like to test the usage of this slide by putting a button on a slide that gives the user the option to either view the slide or skip over the slide. We are wondering if there is a way to determine how many users selected the button through the LMS so we can determine if we should keep it going forward. It is important to note that these courses need to also calculate a score. Is there a way to see how many people viewed the optional slide in addition to calculating a score? Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Thank you for your time.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kendra,

Storyline can only report on one completion/tracking method (although we've linked to some community alternatives here). 

Depending on what occurs when a learner clicks that button - could you set that up as a question slide and track how they answer with your standard results slide? Assign it no score/0 points, remove the feedback and that way it won't impact your overall score. 

Let us know if that's oversimplifying things and I'll leave it to more creative folks in the community to weigh in! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.