Review Quiz

Aug 14, 2013

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my quiz review to do what i need it to, when i click the review button the correct screens show the red bottom banner that says "Incorrect" and then when i navigate to the results screen the initial marks are gone and its showing zeros.

22 Replies
Lori Paschall

I have my quiz questions set to "Reset to Initial State" as well, as I am allowing them to have two attempts at each questions.  So I have to have them set to the initial state when the learner revisits.

The other issue is that, because my questions are scattered throughout my course, the Review Quiz button allows the learner to review the first question, but when they click next, they are taken to the content slide vs. the next question. I did try one of the "fixes" that I found in one of these forums....adding a T/F variable, and adding Next to each question, with a trigger that advances the learner to the next question, as long as the value of the variable is true (and then remove the Next button from the question).  It worked on the first question, and would not work on any others. 

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Lori,

Regarding the other issue, I'm thinking perhaps that thread referenced my screencast on how to do this, but just in case it didn't, I'm including a link.

And if it isn't working after following these steps, perhaps you could upload it here for community members to take a look at.

Regarding your first part, could you provide a bit more detail? What isn't happening that should be

and

When you say you're allowing two attempts, Do you mean at the Quiz Question Level: so under Scoring, number of attempts

or

Do you mean at the Results Slide Level: so the Retry button

Annett Hanke

Hi all,

i have the same problem like Kekeletso and Jeff. My english is not the best so I can't really understand, if the answer from Rebecca is the right answer for my problem with the red banner. So I tell my problem:

I would like to use the "Review Quiz"-function for the Result slide - but I think this function is flawed. Whenever one tries to review the questions and answers (after clicking the Review-Button), a red bar labeled "Incorrect" appears on each quiz-slide. This information even shows up when the questions has been answered correctly. Is this a known error? Or is there an additional configuration to solve the problem?

Nick Chammings

Ashley, can I just check something on this with you please. We have been using the "reset to initial state" on our questions so that if the learner has another go at the quiz they do not see the answers that they gave last time. If we revert to using "Resume Saved State" we would solve our "Retry Quiz" issue as but would have the issue of learners seeing their last answer. Is this an either/or situation or are we setting our quizzes up incorrectly ( I say we but mean me!)

Am very new to this and so would appreciate any help or advice here.

Thanks

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nick,

If you're using "Retry Quiz" there should be a trigger automatically created which would reset the results of the quiz and then allow the user to continue through the quiz as if they were taking it for the first time. The "resume saved state" setting will impact your "review quiz" and allow for the users answers to remain there so that you'll be able to see them again. 

If I'm misunderstanding or you're having difficulty still are you able to share your Storyline file with us? 

Lynnette Conroy

I've attached a short quiz, and I think I have the settings done correctly, with regard to the slide being set to resume saved state on review.

There is a retry option that seems to function just fine, but like the others above, whenever I use the review option the Incorrect banner is down at the bottom, even on correct answers. In addition to that, it behaves like I  retrying, not reviewing - after just proceeding through the review, my score suddenly changes to 6%.

I've been ripping my hair out over this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kay Fenton

I know this is an old thread, but I am having a similar issue.

When a quiz question is set to 2 attempts, the reset quiz trigger does not appear to work, as the old answers are still showing for the second attempt.  So I created variables and triggers to control this, hence used "reset to initial state"on the slide.  Everything works beautifully. 

Now however I want to have a results slide and things are not working because of the reset to initial state.  So I changed this back to automatically decide, ignoring the variable and triggers. The 2 attempts is not working as answers are not reset to initial state for the second attempt.

When I choose review from the results slide, the Incorrect/Correct feedback is hidden behind the correct or incorrect feedback layer, so not really visible. Correct and incorrect answers are not being shown.

Its probably something I am missing - have attached a small sample from the file.

Thanks

Kay Fenton

Thank you Lauren.  I found Nicole's explanation very helpful, particularly the clarification around when to use variables v states.

I have updated my quiz to use states and this works well except for the matching drag and drop question, where the slide is not resetting to initial state/normal.  Is there any way around this?

Also when reviewing the quiz I still have the problem that the feedback layer is showing when reviewing so its difficult to see the correct/incorrect footer along the bottom of the slide.  Is this just the way it works or is this something that can be fixed.  I have attached the updated file here so you can see what I mean re the matching drag and drop and the review screens.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Kay!

You're so welcome! I completely understand what you're trying to achieve but I have to admit that I'll need to pull in our Support Engineers to work through this. I've submitted a case on your behalf so that we can continue troubleshooting there. Our Support Engineers will be able to dig into the file and contact you with a fix. I just sent over a quick email to you, so please let me know if you haven't received it.

I'm eager to see what the fix is! Thank you for your patience!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.