Save Button in Storyline 360

Jun 07, 2022

Hi Team, 

Can anyone please assist with how to create a save button/trigger/feature? I am working on a very long course and I want that save option to be available to the users so that they can come back and resume the course.

Thanks in Advance.

6 Replies
Beakon Learning

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your reply. I have created the project in Articulate 360 and i have uploaded the project in web server(portal). I have enabled the prompt to resume from resume feature but for some reason, it is not working.

I have exported the project as Scrom1.2 file. Do you have any recommendations on what i might be missing and what can be done?

Thank you

Kelly Auner

Hi Beakon!

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue using the prompt to resume feature. In addition to what Raj S suggested, I wanted to ask a few clarifying questions.

Did you change the prompt to resume feature, save, and then publish to the web? Could you please provide some detail on what's happening instead? Is the course restarting from the beginning?

We'd be happy to take a look at your project here or privately in a support case if you are comfortable sharing!

Beakon Learning

Hi Kelly,

All of the slides in the project are set up to reset to initial state when revisiting. And, the resume function has been setup on prompt to resume on restart. Then, i save the file and publish it as SCORM 1.2.

When publishing it and uploading the zip scorm file in the portal, the resume functionality doesn't work. When doing the induction and exiting from any of the slide, the induction gets restarted every single time.

I even tried always resume from resume function but no results. For some reason, the progress is not being saved.

I would highly appreciate any help. Please see the images attached

Thanks

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Beakon.

Thank you for the additional information and screenshots!

Since you're publishing to SCORM 1.2, this could be related to the Suspend Data limit in your LMS. Take a look below for additional information:

Is your LMS compatible with SCORM 2004?