Scorm 2004 "Completion/Failed" workaround in Storyline1?

Jan 25, 2015

Hi Team, I've got another tricky question for you.

I have a project that contains conditional navigation; technicians do a pre-test and post test, administrators just go straight to the content without doing any tests.

I want to use the "Completed/Failed" setting when reporting to our LMS in Scorm 2004, and set the minimum number of slides viewed (for completion) to the number an admin will see, but still record scores when the test is done by technicians. 

In Storyline1 you are forced to select EITHER number of slides viewed OR a results slide, you can't select both. I can't see how either of these settings will achieve what I want. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

I could just try multiple settings  and keep uploading my e-learning to my LMS to try it out, but it would be much more productive if I knew what was going on in the engine room of Storyline1 before doing so. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Emily Ruby

Hello Steve,

Articulate Storyline lets you track a course either by the number of slides viewed or by a single quiz (result slide). Tracking both measurements for the same course isn't supported. Similarly, tracking multiple quiz scores in the same course isn't supported.

You may be able to track more than one SCO (shareable content object) in a single course using any of the options in this article here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.